22 May 2011

Takara Tomy Pentax K-r Gashapon

Photobucket
I got a couple of these Pentax K-r DLSR camera gashapons (aka capsule toys) out of curiosity a few weeks ago; some doll enthusiasts I know of bought a few for their dolls, and even though I don't have one I'm quite curious about them. For 200 Yen a pop, they do look quite tempting for me to get.

Photobucket
Open one of the capsules gives you a miniature Pentax K-r camera, a little leaflet of all sorts of colour variations available, as well as a paper slip with the warnings and such.

Photobucket
There are a total of 15 different kinds of colour variation you can get for this gashapon, with the olive green supposedly being the 'secret item'. The secret item is not always the most sought after though, and in this case the black and white ones are the ones that have the highest demands.

Photobucket
Out of curiosity I put in some coins and got two random cameras from a gashapon machine, and the result is one olive green (the secret colour) and one gold.


You can event mount them on real 1/1 DSLR cameras too. This image is from Open The Toy where he got a couple of them (a gold and a pink).

Photobucket
The gold looks quite bright with that pretty metallic lustre feel to it. Kinda goes well with my Robot Damashii Alvaaron I gotta say XD

Photobucket
As for the olive green, I thought it was a different colour at first. It was only when I bought another olive green have I realised that this is the so-called "secret colour", as I have assumed that the olive green would be the olive drab that the US and some British forces used in WWII, and comparing the olive drab WWII stuff I have with the camera the "olive green" looks almost like grey instead.

Maybe it's more like camouflage green? :o

2 comments:

  1. That's a really unique item to have as a capsule toy. I wonder how well they sell, I can't imagine many kids would want toy DSLR's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nopy:
    Takara Tomy has also released K-x camera gashapons some time last year, but I did not get any for myself. Gashapons and shokugans are not only popular with children but also with grown ups too (depending on the kinds of toys out there). In this case I'd think these are more targeted for DSLR fans and more mature people :o

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems