29 October 2009

The Complete Guide to Fake Toys

Photobucket
いんちきおもちゃ大図鑑 (inchiki omocha daizukan), or "The Complete Guide to Fake Toys", features over 300 fake toys from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea. It will be released in November at a price of 1900 Yen (1995 Yen with tax).

Moeyo has a preview of it, so let's sit tight and have a look what will come ahead of us...

Photobucket
First off: the "Happy Drummer Cat Adventurer". Those who are into older anime will probably recognise this to be originated from Doraemon. In fact Moeyo has reported about this particular toy a while ago. I was a bit traumatised when I first saw it opening its face revealing an elephant's face and a trunk coming out on YouTube lol...

Photobucket
This looks like an enlarged version of Be@rbrick of some kind. The characters on the right are actually supposed to be Dorami and Nobita

Photobucket
Doraemon Siamese twins?!

Photobucket
Doraemon crocodile dentist o_O

Photobucket
What do you call Pikachu when it is hybridised with Bomberman? Bomber Pikachu??

Photobucket
Some pseudo-Ranma figures

Photobucket
Pseudo-Dragonball figures with some manly faces and dark hair

Photobucket
Some kind of bishoujo (?) figure with removable armours I think

Photobucket
Photobucket
Thomas the Engine... And... o_o;;;

Photobucket
This one appears to be based off the Travelion from Ozu family. Credits to annonymous on this information!

Photobucket
GaoGaiGar Something copied from Ohranger Robo. Credits to Weeabo for pointing it out. I think Snark will have to wage another war on another front upon seeing these things

Photobucket
A mobile phone transformer with part swapping Kamen Rider's face on the phone's body?
According to annonymous the phone is based on the G-Phone from Gaoranger

Photobucket
Ultraman on a bicycle! XD

Photobucket
Be@rbrick X Gundam??

Photobucket
Notice the name "モビルスー" (Mobile Sushi), while the actual thing should be "モビルスー" (Mobile Suit)! Would you like a Mobile Sushi of Nu Gundam? ^^;

Photobucket
Wooden Gundam models!

Photobucket
Apparently this is based off Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV. According to the captions, the two figures' heads are based of some mobile suits in Gundam o_o

Photobucket
Gundam's head on a Mazinger.

Photobucket
A transformable Kung Fu panda. It even saids "Kung Fu" on the torso too!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Something that resembles Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV's head and arms.

Photobucket
This appears to be Golion's head and crest hybridised with Galaxy Shuttle's body.

My brain is malfunctioning; I have lost the will to find out what they are already. You're welcome to help me on this though. Thanks to Weeabo again for pointing two of them out for me there!

Photobucket
Korean's well known Robot Taekwon V, which originally is copied from Mazinger Z. Korea was actually way ahead of China for making their own versions of Japanese anime. I may talk about this on another day.




And last but definitely not least,




Photobucket
A basketball transformer, revealing Yao Ming as the head of the robot inside. Now talk about creativity...

I will need to take a break from these crazy counterfeits and fake toys after posting this ^^;


All images are from Moeyo

20 comments:

  1. LOL WTH Thomas Transformers!!!! Mobile Sushiiiii XD

    this make my day hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is epic win on so many levels.

    I don't know if I'd consider them "fake" at all. They're quite original, really. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Yao Ming transformer is soooo creepy, as are many of the others. But so funny though. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. ITs always hilarious to see how the counterfeiters are trying to avoid any accusations of counterfeiting XD

    That Doraemon Drummer Elephant was simply wtf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when it's out and where to get them... I'd like a copy of it myself to read ^_^ It's hilarious ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to set the record straight... =D

    intiki omotya daizukan 015 isn't a GaoGaiGai ripoff, to a trained eye it's plainly an Ohranger Robo ripoff (aka Power Rangers: Zeo)

    intiki omotya daizukan 023 seems to have plundered Dairugger XV's head and arms (at least), and intiki omotya daizukan 024 appears to be Golion's head and crest mashed onto Galaxy Shuttle's body... :V

    ReplyDelete
  7. I demand that GaoGaiThomas make an appearance in the next Super Robot Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Korean's well known Robot Taekwon V, which originally is copied from Mazinger Z. Korea was actually way ahead of China for making their own versions of Japanese anime. I may talk about this on another day."

    LOL, a knock-off of a knock-off. ^^;;;

    I love that Doraemon bearbrick thing; reminds me of the I Love You Boyz parody.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where's the naruto transformer, and the M Jordan bot?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some of the most ugliest Dragonball figures I have ever seen. God if ppl can't tell they are fake then they seriously need to rewatch the Dragonball series to recap their memory or better yet, google for some real Dragonball figures if u don't have a single clue.

    Maybe issue no. 2 will have fake figmas shown? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ B-Mecha:
    It sure made my day too. Seriously, how did they think of merging Thomas with Tranformers! XD

    @ radiantdreamer:
    Epic win indeed! Sometimes you just have to praise the creativity and originality of these toys lol

    @ AstrayP03:
    I have no idea why he transforms into a dragon though XD

    @ Yi:
    I never saw that Yao Ming transformer coming at first, especially with the head... ^^; Nevertheless it's still pretty epic~ (laughs)

    @ schneider:
    It's simply made of win.

    @ Blowfish:
    Infringing copyright while making up something new is quite something I must admit XD

    The Doraemon drummer is surely traumatising with unbelievable appearance and brainwashing tune...

    @ robostrike:
    So far it's only known to be available in Japanese online stores such as Rakuten and Amazon Japan which I think don't offer overseas shipping. I May update the page once I know they're up for overseas ordering as well.

    @ Weaboo:
    We have someone who knows the stuff! Thanks for pointing them out; page updated!

    @ Snark:
    Will you use it gallantly in full force if it comes out?

    @ Tommy:
    A very well known knock-off too ^^;

    Don't remind me of I Love You Boyz parodies; they are just as trauamatising as the Happy Drummer Cat Adventurer lol...

    @ GunStray:
    Who knows. Maybe they're available in the book too as there are over 300 entries in there ^^;

    @ Optic:
    Goku looks nothing like Goku on that figure ^^;

    I don't think fake figmas are as epic as these crazy hybrids unless somebody felt it's a good idea to hybridise or morph figma with something else. I'm not sure whether I can take anymore for the time being ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm lost for words... As I'm too busy laughing my heads off. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmm....mobile sushi Gundam....delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Kamen Rider phone transformer thingy is the G-Phone from Gaoranger
    http://www.supersentai.com/database/2001_gaoranger/ar-weapons.html
    and the second Thomas the Tank Engine picture appears to be based off of this's toy:
    http://www.supersentai.com/database/2005_magiranger/travelion.html

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, I still remember the commentary they did for this Japanese show. It was full of laughs. (I forgot the name...it was something to do with tricking one's boyfriend or something)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ BD77:
    T'is too epic to have proper words to describe XD

    @ Apt-1B:
    Delicious Gundam is delicious~

    @ Anonymous:
    So they are based on Sentais, which I am not familiar with. Thanks for the info though!

    @ Tommy:
    What Japanese show is this you're talking about? I don't think I've heard of it :o

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I know this is an old blog but it still cracks me up. These toys are hilarious - Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit late on replying, but thanks for leaving a comment, and nice to know you had a good laugh reading through this!

      Delete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems